Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Where am I?

While things seem to be growing on the music front as far a how busy an artist I am, I feel like I've let certain things go (step aside nutrition, organization, sanity). That being said, I'm going to try to keep my blog updated and constant.

A couple of years ago I decided to drop my life into a stew of ridiculousness without doing any research . . . enter the music industry. "Industry" is such a small word considering the monstrosity that it is. But nevertheless I've tried to think of it as a huge pie that I'm just going to nibble on one piece at a time.

Being an independent musician can be a gauntlet of a task and very much likened to golf. It seems that everywhere I go I find musicians and many other people with suggestions for the newest and latest and greatest. "Here's how you should do this instead of doing that." I believe that the key to keeping your head above water is to take the advice and apply it to you that seems to be most relevant. I still don't have any idea what I'm doing. I can't stress that enough. If it seems like you should do it, do it. Gut instinct seems to me to be the best way to make a decision.

I'm working with a good friend and owner of Pimp Slap Studios to create a mobile application for my tour dates, blogs, etc. Pimp Slap is also helping me create a quick and simple new website that should be up in a week or so.

That being said it seems like the Neil Cribbs Trio is in full effect. We have already lined up a number of dates in December and January that can be found on the tour page of the site. I'm also gearing up for a fundraiser to head back into the studio to produce a full length album in January.

Because the FANS are the reason that I'm able to do what I do, I'm listening to the feedback about the most recent album. A lot of people love the energy but miss the raw sound that Marionette captured. So I'm going back to the basics in regard to writing and sound but still sticking with the instrumentation and high energy that was captured in Windshield.

So if you're out there . . . and you are reading this . . . please continue to spread the word and I'll try to keep everyone up to date with my travels, thoughts, and random shots in the dark.

Keep Driving,

Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment